Zizzle is a children’s flash fiction magazine. They are looking for stories that will surprise, move, and amuse both young and mature imaginative minds. They like fiction that dives deep into meaning and resists banality and believe the moral, if any, of a great story should evolve naturally from within and not be imposed from without. They are open to pieces that defy traditional storytelling, spiced with tasteful humour, and a strong voice.
• They seek flash fiction that not only appeals to children as young as age 10 (grade 5), but to grown-ups as well.
• Simultaneous submissions are welcome provided you notify them if your story is accepted elsewhere.
• Submissions can be from any part of the world, but must be written in English.
• Only previously unpublished works will be considered for publication.
• Length: 500 to 1,200 words.
• Only one story per submission is permitted.
• Submit only typed, double-spaced manuscripts with 1” margins in 12pt font. Include the author’s name and story title in the header on every page.
• Please include on the first page of your submission your full name and email address, the word count of your story, and a print-ready, third-person bio (less than 70 words) with your brief cover letter.
• You are to submit your piece on their website: https://zizzlelit.com/submit/
They will not consider submissions sent through any other medium.
• They only consider submissions from adult writers (age 18 or above).
A flat rate of US $100 per flash fiction piece.
Submissions are free until December 31st, 2018.
Be sure to write great short stories the editors can’t resist. Most of the time, they want to read something unique and novel. You might want to consider sending flash fiction that have unique story ideas and strong thematic concepts.
This is a great magazine to publish in. I wish you all the best as you send in your work.