- Do not submit previously published work for the ACT award
- Entries must be between 2,500 and 5,000 words.
- E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Only one story per author will be considered.
- Submissions should include a cover note with the name, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number of the author
- Only works of fiction are allowed
- There is a cash prize of N50,000 for the winning author and a six month online writing course with an ACT mentor
- Works translated into English from any Nigerian languages are eligible. Should such a work win, N20,000 of the prize money will go to the translator. However, the writing course is offered n English only.
Entries will be accepted from September 1 – November 1, 2014
A shortlist of 5 will be announced on January 5 ,2015
Winner will be announced on January 20, 2015
Authors retain copyright of their work.