Following the Fiction and Non-Fiction Editing Workshop, which held in Lagos in September 2019, the Board of Trustees and Management of the Society of Books and Magazine Editors of Nigeria (SBMEN) announce the fourth and last editing workshop of the year, 2019. The workshop is themed “Literary Criticism: Judging Dynamic Creative Writing in All Forms”, and will be delivered through lectures, interactive sessions, class exercises, case studies and breakout sessions. It is scheduled to hold on the 23rd of November, 2019.
Who should Participate:
- Editors who evaluate the slush pile.
- Content developers.
- Established and aspiring book reviewers.
- Writers who desire to take a critical approach to improve in their craft.
What will You Gain from Participating:
- Learn the basics of literary criticism.
- Understand the techniques of analytic reading.
- Learn how to write great reviews.
- Get resources on freelance opportunities available for you as a reviewer.
- Participate in writing and reading exercises.
- The award-winning culture critic, Oris Aigbokhaevbolo.
- The founding editor of BMS Editorial Services, Adebukola Bassey.
- The ED/co-founder, SBMEN, Anwuli Ojogwu.
- The writer, journalist and literary critic, Adewale Maja-Pearce.
How to Apply:
- Interested editors and writers should send an email to email@example.com or send a WhatsApp message to 08120055823, requesting more information on how to enroll for the training.