Afritondo, “a media and publishing platform that aims to tell the stories of Africans and black minority populations across the globe”, is calling for submissions for their inaugural short story prize on the theme of “the dynamics and boundaries of love”.
The prize, which is worth $1000, is for an unpublished work of fiction between 3000—5000 words that explores “the dynamics and boundaries of love”.
The winning story and the longlisted stories will appear in an anthology to be published by Afritondo. The deadline for submissions is the 23 of December, 2019.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Anyone who is a citizen of any African country, or who has a parent who is.
- Also, anyone who is of black ethnicity or who belongs to a black minority population in the world.
How to Submit:
- Submit a story of between 3000—5000 words on the dynamics and boundaries of love.
- The story must be in English.
- Only one submission per writer.
- The submission should be in Microsoft word (doc, docx), should be double-spaced and must be in Times New Roman or Calibri font, 12pt. Also, every page must be numbered.
- The author’s name or detail must not be included anywhere on the document; the document should contain only the story, its title and word count.
- The story’s title must be the title of the document to be uploaded.
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should read: “Submissions for Afritondo Short Story Prize 2020”.
- Entries must not have been previously published or shortlisted for any prize.
- The decisions of the judges in relation to the winning entries are final and not subject to appeal.
- The winner receives $1000.
- The longlisted stories and the winner stories will appear in an anthology of stories to be published by Afritondo.
Megan Ross (Chair)