Young writers from all over the world are invited to apply for “The 12th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition”. This contest is being organized by Samsung Engineering jin collaboration with UN environment. Essays are expected to reflect the theme of the upcoming World Environment Day event: Beat Air Pollution.
According to the press release on the World Environment Day website,
What the judges will be looking for:
- Excellent writing
- Well-researched pieces
- Creative and inspiring ideas convincing everyone to reduce pollution.
- Creative and beautifully-written personal essay stories that show why and how air pollution can be reduced to the barest minimum. Essay must explore the causes, effects, and consequences of air pollution.
Basically, your essay should answer the question, ‘how can we tackle air pollution.’
Who is eligible to apply for the ‘Samsung Engineering/ UN-Sponsored Environment 12th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition 2019?
- Young writers who are Tunza Eco-generation members. Register on the https://tunza.eco-generation.org website to become a member.
- Entrants must be between the ages of 14 and 24
- Entrants must be passionate about writing about the theme of combating air pollution.
- Essays must be submitted before the 2nd September, 2019 (GMT 0) Submission deadline.
• No entry fee is required.
• Do not send plagiarized or previously published essays.,
• Only one essay per entrant will be allowed.
• Word count: 800 – 1000 words (this specified word count doesn’t include referencing such as footnotes and bibliography. )
• Essays must be written in English.
• Entrants must register at Tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essay online.
• Manuscript format guidelines
- Essays must be double spaced
- Font type: Times New Roman 12pt, with numbered pages.
- Accepted file formats:.
– MS Word
– Word Perfect
- PDFs or any other file formats will not be considered.
How to apply:
- All essays must be submitted online.
- To upload your entry, visit the Tunza Eco-generation Website/Egen Event/Monthly Event/
Forward all inquiries to the organizers.. Contact details are available on their website.
You might also be interested in :