The Masters Reviews review is currently accepting short stories and creative non-fiction for their forthcoming publication. What makes them unique is that they encourage budding writers. In fact, the Masters Review prides itself as a “Platform for Emerging Writers.”. There is no entry fee for their “New Voices” category.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
- Writers who are not yet established. If you are a new and emerging author who has not published a work of fiction or creative nonfiction of novel length, then you can send them your writing.
- Writers who do not yet have a full-length book forthcoming at the time of submission.
The publisher pays 10 cents per word, up to $200.
- Send only fiction and narrative non-fiction (or personal essays). They do accept a variety of genres and styles. However they want writers to exhibit excellence in their craft. So ensure that you wow them with your writing.
- You can write on any theme that interests you
- Make sure your work is properly edited and polished. You can get critiques and edits from members of your critique group.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine. Remember to inform the editors if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Word count: less than 7,000 words.
- Do not send more than one submission. Multiple submissions are not allowed.
- Kindly include a cover letter alongside your publication history
How To Submit:
Go to the Masters Review New Voices Category and fill out the application forms.
Increase your chances of getting published by attending this new free creative non-fiction course being organized by the University of Iowa. .
Get inspiration from the fantastic podcasts recommended on our list. Some of them can be found on the iRadio player podcast app.