To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Castle Craig Hospital in Scotland is launching an annual international essay writing competition for students. The theme for the contest is, “Focusing on Addiction” . The competition is intended for all students of:
• psychotherapy and
• social work.
• Entrants are to choose one from 3 different essay questions.
• The essay contest requires readers to ask the following questions:
- Is addiction to a drug a brain disease? ;
- What is the role of psychotherapy in realising and sustaining recovery from addiction??
- ‘Society holds the solution to addiction because social problems are the main cause ‘?
• Entrants are to write on any of the aforementioned themes or essay questions in not more than 3000 words.
• Entrants are to download and submit an entry form. Visit their website to download the form.
All entries must be accompanied by a signed entry form sent by post, or electronic form. Essays received without an assigned entry form will be disqualified. Submissions by fax will not be accepted. E-signature is acceptable, as is a scanned document of the entry form.
- Essays may be submitted as a hard copy by post, or as a Microsoft Word document email attachment sent to email@example.com – Please specify on the entry form by ticking the correct box.
The award for 1st prize is £1,000, and there will be up to 5 runner-up prizes of £250. Additional notable submissions will receive a written commendation.
Submissions will be accepted until Midnight on the 30th of December 2018.
To learn how to write award winning personal essays, click HERE