Okadabooks and Union Bank is inviting talented short story writers to apply for the Campus Writing Challenge. This contest aims to reward talented student writers. So if you think you can write creative stories, enter for this writing challenge. You never know. You could win one of the huge cash prizes and a chance to get published.
- The contest is open only to students of tertiary institutions across Nigeria
- Applicants must be interested in honing their craft to become master storytellers.
- Send in your entry before the deadline on October 7, 2018.
How To Apply:
- Write an outstanding short story. See our story writing tips HERE and HERE
- Ensure that your short story is between 3000 and 5000 words
- Fill the entry form and submit your entry in the Union Bank Submittable Page
- First prize winner will receive a cash prize of N500,000
- Second prize winner will get a N200,000 cash award
- The third winner will receive N100,000
- In the mini award category, a N50,000 prize will be given for the best designed short story cover
- The winner of the ‘audience favourite’ award will receive a cash prize
- There will be other consolation prizes too.
Other Benefits Include:
An opportunity of the winning and short-listed works to be published by leading publishing houses in Nigeria. So if you’ve been looking forward to publishing that novel or short story collection, this contest might be the launch pad you need.
This short story contest will be judged by:
- Chika Unigwe – author, facilitator of Awele Creative Trust and winner of the 2003 BBC Short Story Competition;
- Abubakar Ibrahim Adam, creative writer and winner of the 2016 Nigeria Prize for Literature award.